9th Grade Checklist
- Know the requirements for graduation. Complete your High School and Beyond Plan. Enter the classes you will take this year as well as the classes you plan to take your senior year. Update throughout the year if you change your mind.
- If you qualified for the College Bound Scholarship in Middle School, remember that you must fulfill the College Bound pledge in order to receive the scholarship when you graduate.
- Studying pays off! Your grades count toward your future choices. Whenever you are absent, make sure you stay on top of make-up work.
- Begin developing good study habits you can stick with throughout high school.
- Read for pleasure – and learn new vocabulary.
- If you are struggling in a class, talk with your teacher or visit with the counselor.
- Talk to your parents and counselor about your interests and goals. Find opportunities to meet people who are working in fields that interest you. Investigate job-shadowing opportunities.
- Explore clubs and activities in and outside of school that will offer you the chance to develop your unique interests and abilities and your leadership skills. Consider volunteering in your community.
- Begin a high school resume, keeping track of all your extracurricular activities and any awards or honors you receive.
- Those who are old enough may consider getting a summer job. Others might take on volunteer work to gain experience.
Last Modified on March 25, 2019